England, as a founding country, is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) with Test status, One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I). Before 1990, Scottish and Irish players also played for England, as these countries were not yet independent members of the ICC.
England cricket match schedule for 2023 is available in the public domain. The list includes those matches announced by the England Cricket Board. They begin as early as February 1, where England will face South Africa in the 3rd ODI.
The County Championship and English cricket teams
Learn more about the County Championship teams at the ECB official website:
- Middlesex etc.
These are the great cricket players the country has produced over the years. This will be the top list of the most famous English cricket players in its history:
- WG Grace (1880-1899). By the most reasonable estimate, the sport would not have existed as mass entertainment had it not been for the star power it exuded for more than four decades.
- SF Barnes (1901-1914). In just 27 matches, Barnes struck 24 in five wickets, just four fewer than England’s record-breaking wicket-taker James Anderson in 151 matches. An average bowling rate of 16.43 is further evidence of his superiority.
- Sir Jack Hobbs (1908-1930). Hobbs scored points beyond his 50th birthday and remains the oldest centenarian in Test cricket at age 46.
- Sir Len Hutton (1937-1955). After his death in 1990, a significant Ray Illingworth figure called him “God for me.” England’s first professional captain, who scored a then-record 364 in just his sixth Test.
- Fred Trueman (1952-1965). Fiery Fred – was the fastest bowler – a dangerous mix for anyone who stood within 22 yards of him. He was the first man to score 300 wickets in Tests, and at the time it looked like he would be the only one. Truman raised the bar for those he played with and set it for everyone who followed him.
- Sir Ian Botham (1977-1992). Nearly three decades later, the Ashes of Botham remains a defining moment in the greatest sporting rivalry. With 14 centuries in Tests and 383 feints – a national record until 2015 – he remains the high standard for English all-rounders.
- James Anderson (2003-still playing). It was Anderson who rid Botham of the record for the number of wickets he picked up and subsequently increased that total to 584. No one has batted more batsmen, played more matches or made more pitches at the highest level.
- Kevin Pietersen (2005-2014). He had one of the most brilliant international careers in recent memory, with both breakups and reconciliations, and a brief, acrimonious tenure as captain. Gifted to the point of genius, his methods led to accelerated progress in cricket.
- Sir Alastair Cook (2006-2018). It was Cook who left with a string of England records that surpassed them all: the most tests (161), the most runs (12,472) and the most centuries (33).
Historical info about English cricket
English cricket players and their team is the national team representing England and Wales, and is managed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). The team achieved Test status in 1877 and played its first Test match against Australia, which it lost by 45 runs.
The England cricket team has finished second in the Cricket World Cup three times. Despite being a strong contender in cricket matches, the team has failed to win the ODI Cricket World Cup. In 2010, they won their first ever Twenty20 World Cup, which was held in the West Indies. It is the only major tournament won by an England cricket team.
The England cricket team plays an Ashes series against Australia every two years. The series is alternately hosted by England and Australia. The Ashes series is one of the major series in Test cricket, the other being the Gavaskar-Border Trophy between India and Australia.
South Africa-England match 2023
South Africa will host the England cricket team in the 3rd ODI match of England’s 2023 tour of South Africa. The match will take place in Kimberley. The ENG – RSA match is scheduled for February 2023. The match will be played during the daytime in the Kimberley.
South Africa vs England match will be broadcast live on ESPN Star and Willow TV online. Highlights of the ENG vs RSA 3rd ODI match will be on ESPNStar on their Youtube page for South Africa and England fans.
Tickets for England vs RSA 2023 3rd ODI tour will likely be available online. You can purchase tickets for the match and watch the match in Kimberley.
If you are looking for when does the English cricket season start? It’s already started. In keeping with the ICC’s future tour program, below is a complete list of England’s international matches through the end of the 2023 International season.
January: The England cricket team travels to South Africa in 2023 for three ODIs.
February: England cricket team travels to New Zealand in 2023 for two Tests.
March: England cricket team travels to Bangladesh in 2023 for three ODIs and three T20Is.
June and September: Ireland cricket team to England in 2023 for one Test and three ODIs.
June to July: Australian cricket team in England in 2023 for five Tests (Ashes 2023 series).
September: New Zealand cricket team in England in 2023 for three ODIs and five T20Is.
England’s 2023 tour of South Africa
Kimberley is an important venue for international cricket matches in South Africa. A complete list of upcoming matches in Kimberley, South Africa in table form is publicly available. Full schedule and matches in Kimberley. Click on the appropriate series to view the schedule for a particular series and get complete information about the tournament, tri-series or two-way series. All matches are listed along with local time, GMT time, date, venue and series details.
The De Beers Diamond Oval is a multi-purpose stadium located in Kimberley, South Africa. It is currently only used for cricket matches. The stadium was formerly known as the De Beers Country Club. It is a small stadium with a capacity of only 11,000 people. The stadium is the home ground for the South African first class cricket team, Griqualand West.
In domestic South African cricket matches, the stadium is used as a venue quite regularly. This stadium hosted three cricket World Cup matches in 2003, which took place in South Africa and Zimbabwe. So far it has only hosted one international T20 match, which was played between South Africa and Zimbabwe in 2010.
England is one of the strongest teams in the world with a high score in cricket. In 936 Test matches, the team has won 333 times and drawn 334 times. In 603 ODI matches, the British won 294 times, drew in seven matches and had no result in twenty matches. In Twenty20, the team played 60 matches, won half of them, four matches ended inconclusively.