Kannur Lokesh Rahul popularly known as KL Rahul has earned his name for his magical performance and dedication towards the Indian Cricket Team. He had successfully chiseled out himself with his perspective and elegant skill in batting.
Not only he is played stroke-field for the Indian Cricket team, but he also successful carry on his team as a franchiser and Captain of PBKS during all the season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). He is one of its kind in all formats.
The stylish bats grab fans’ attention not only in the jersey of the Indian Cricket team or PBKS but also off the game. So as ‘Klassy’ KL Rahul celebrates his 29th birthday, let’s see his outstanding record-breaking achievements which make him more noteworthy.
- Batsman earned century in three International formats: KL Rahul is one of the three wicketkeeper-batsman of the Indian team to score 100 in all International formats. Taking 20 innings cumulatively, he is the fastest cricket player to score centuries in all formats internationally. Rahul is one of its kind as he achieved 100 with a six in all formats.
On a whole, he is the 12th player who acquires 3 hundred’s triumph in just 18 months in a row.
- 1st Test: 110 verses Australia in January 2015
- 1st One Day International (ODI): 100 versus Zimbabwe in June 2015
- 1st T20: 110 versus West Indies in August 2016
- The first man to debut with 100 runs in men’s ODI: He had debuted in his ODI against Zimbabwe which is kept as a record in the history of cricket. He had just played outstanding and scored his first unbeaten century. By his score touches 100, he engraved a history and achieving the title of the first man to score 100 in his ODI debut. He outshined Robin Uthappa’s record, the highest Indian Batsman who scored 86 run against England in 2006 in Indore. One more title added to him to be the first Indian batsman to score 50 in a foreign land.
- Tagged as fastest fifty in Indian Premier League: In 2018 IPL, the then King’s XI Punjab (now Punjab Kings) wicketkeepers-batsman KL Rahul had batted the fastest fifty in the history of IPL in 14 balls against Delhi Daredevils. Previously this record was mutually held by Sunil Narine and Yusuf Pathan off 15 balls each. Further, this record was jointly broken by Chris Gayle and Yuvraj Singh in 12 balls.
- Record for Seven consecutive 50s in a test match: KL Rahul scores the most consecutive half-centuries in Test Cricket history. In 2017, a series against Sri Lanka, on the opening day jointly with Shikar Dhavan. The two had built a soaring record opening score of 188 stands against Sri Lanka.
- And his record break continues till 2020: He was awarded an Orange cap for scoring a humongous score of 670 in 14 witches. The marvelous skipper of Punjab King KL Rahul had shared the field with Rishab Pant’s Delhi Capitals in IPL 2021 on his 29th birthday.